There is so much wisdom in the Bible about money and it’s definitely something that I will continue to talk about in the future.
But you can find inspiration and knowledge from others as well when it comes to making money and being successful.
In fact, the advice that these legendary people give about making money is often counterintuitive to the way many people think you become wealthy.
There is a refrain inherit in these quotes about money which I find quite refreshing. Many of them purport the values of hard work, never giving up, being courageous, and being wise.
Let’s take a look at what these people have to say.
How To Make Money & Be Successful According To 31 Legendary People
1. Too many people spend money they earned..to buy things they don’t want..to impress people that they don’t like.
2. It’s how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success.
3. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
4. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
5. Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.
6. Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this.
7. Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.
8. You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.
9. Buy when everyone else is selling and hold until everyone else is buying. That’s not just a catchy slogan. It’s the very essence of successful investing.
–J. Paul Getty
10. If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.
11. How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.
–Robert G. Allen
12. The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.
13. You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you. –Dave Ramsey
14. Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.
15. Never spend your money before you have it.
16. It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.
17. The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind.
18. Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.”
19. Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.
–William A. Ward
20. A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
21. Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
22. The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.
23. Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.
24. If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to meet it!
25. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
26. As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.
27.The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.
28. Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
29. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
30. Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.
31. The Stock Market is designed to transfer money from the Active to the Patient.
Download Your Free Financial Freedom Printables
Step one to financial freedom is creating and building an emergency fund so that when that emergency comes (and it will), you will have the money set aside to pay for it.
You can download my emergency savings fund tracker and action plan so you can get started TODAY.
If you want to get out of debt and get your whole financial life together, I have some free financial freedom printables in my resource library (like the ones in the pics above).
Just click the link below to sign up and gain access to the Healthy Finances library
More Financial Freedom Posts To Help You On Your Journey